Monday, April 02, 2007

Baby, I Need Zen

“ You know that it would be untrue
You know that I would be a liar
If I was to say to you
Girl we couldn’t get much higher”

Jim Morrison was crooning the words that were almost playing in my head. And, here he was, running his fingers through my hair. Saying all the right things. Like how my hair felt so great. He said that with a sexy half smile, almost flashing that dimple. That tease. His fingertips brushed against my eyelashes. I kept my eyes closed.

“ The time to hesitate is through
No time to wallow in the mire
Try now we can only lose
And our love becomes a funeral pyre”

He stood behind me. And smelt great. Not just bottled. Was sort of outdoorsy too. He complimented me on my smile. I blushed. Almost guiltily. It was rather loud, so, he leaned closer. To speak into my ear. I couldn’t take my eyes off of the mirror across, off of our reflection!

“ Come on baby, light my fire
Come on baby, light my fire
Try to set the night on fire”

“ While we wait, would you like a glass of wine?”, asked he. I said sure. “Your usual?” I nodded. “Let me see if I remember.. Zinfandel? White?” he asked..with that twinkle. Surprised he remembered, I fumbled a ‘yes’. While we waited, he went onto show me some pictures of a recent trip to Rio. A trip he took with his boyfriend.

“ Come on baby light my fire
Come on baby light my fire
Try to set the night on fire”

Oh well! At least I got a great haircut! You have any idea how difficult it is to find a great colorist and stylist these days? Do you?

No comments: